The daylight is increasing nicely and we are ready to run our annual Spring Reliability Ride again on SUNDAY 26th FEBRUARY
There will be three ride distances this year 55, 41 and 32 miles – PLEASE NOTE – THE ROUTES WILL NOT BE SIGNPOSTED Maps are shown below with route directions included – these will be posted at HQ with instructions for you to digest (we suggest a photo !) or you can follow the links and print your own copy of the route + directions There will be no printed copies given out on the day
Sign on at Audlem Scout and Guide Hall CW3 0AH – £3 per rider – in time for a 9-15 am roll out. PLEASE NOTE – batches of riders will be set off at intervals with NO MORE than 20 riders in each group.
Tea and coffee plus cake and biscuits after the ride
Please read the Shropshire Cycling Clubs Association (SCCA) guidelines below – this is for YOUR safety, to help maintain goodwill and for the safety of other road users
Tea/coffee and cake available on your return
55-mile-route 41-mile-route 32-mile-route
With Reliability rides getting more popular each year it is important for everybody’s safety a few basic principles of riding in a group are observed.
1. Please support the organising club by registering and paying the entry fee.
2. Whilst riding this event, you are representing yourself, your club, the SCCA and the sport of cycling.
3. It’s not a race; there are no prizes and no points to be earned.
4. You are responsible for your own safety and for that of your fellow riders.
5. Follow the Highway Code and respect other road users.
6. Be courteous to drivers, horse-riders and other road users, even if they are not courteous to you.
7. Make sure that you know the route, or have a map of it. Make a note of any emergency contact numbers.
8. Make sure you are self-sufficient and carry tools, spares, money, phone, wet weather gear and anything else you may need.
9. Ride no more than two abreast. Ride single file when it isn’t safe to ride in pairs.
10. Call out when you are passing someone and only ever pass on the right.
11. Point out hazards to your fellow riders and call out “Car up”/”Car back” or “Car down” when there are vehicles.
12. Try to only cross junctions when the entire group can cross. If this isn’t possible wait on the other side so that riders left behind aren’t tempted to take chances.
13. Do not use mobile phones while riding. Stop at the side of the road to make or receive a call.
14. No ‘selfies’ while on the move.
15. At least one hand on the bars at all times. No donning or removing of clothing on the move.
16. Dispose of gel wrappers or any other litter at the finish, not on the course.
With cycling getting ever more popular we need to ensure that everyone stays safe, and that we do not alienate the authorities. Although these guidelines have been produced for reliabilities many of them are equally appropriate for club runs etc.
Please remember the guidelines above and enjoy the rides.